SINGAPORE, July 19, 2021/ PRNewswire/– Kantar, the world’s leading data-driven analytics and brand name consulting business today launches preliminary findings from a new research study exploring what sustainability means to Asian customers. Kantar’s Asia Sustainability Foundational Study spoken with nearly 10,000 customers throughout nine countries in the area to comprehend their issues and priorities. Secret findings from the report include:
- Less than half of Asian customers are engaged or active with sustainability concerns
- 19% consider themselves to be active on sustainability issues will 30% consider themselves engaged with sustainability issues
- 31% say they are laggards on sustainability issues while 19% are sceptical.The top 3 concerns of Asian consumers specify environmental issues: Water pollution( e.g. from pesticides and
- oil spills)Extreme weather condition occasions(flooding, cyclones, forest fires, drought )Air pollution 58 %of customers will invest time and money to support responsible companies 53%of customers
- have actually stopped buying services and products that have an unfavorable effect on the environment and society 58%of customers reported they are personally affected by environmental issues. The research study, premiered in a webinar last
- week, also determines the three factors constantly weakening sustainable customer behaviour: Cost, Comfort and Convenience, producing a’Value-Action-Gap’in the area. The research in addition introduces Kantar’s Sustainability Framework to build a consumer-centric method for success. This leverages a’Sword and Shield’approach to better understand how brands in different classifications can responsibly browse sustainability issues by recognizing where to focus their attention, how to localise their brand function to resolve regional customer stress, and how to innovate to get rid of the value-action-gap. Summarising the findings, Kantar’s Trezelene Chan, Head of Sustainable Transformation Practice, Singapore commented, “Asia’s stage of development and the truth that it houses a few of the world’s most innovative business gives it big potential to produce commercial value and address ecological and social problems. Customers are trying to find brand names that have ecological and social purpose, so from a marketing standpoint, purpose is important, and sustainability is driving consumer option. Our research study illustrates the value of taking a local approach to sustainability issues. While a company purpose should be an international consistent, equating that into action requires to take into account the stress that exist in each market. For the very first time, thanks to this research study, which is the largest of its kind, we have the ability to identify which sustainability issues consumers appreciate a lot of in each nation, and how that ought to translate in to action depending upon customer category.” Kantar’s Asia Sustainability Foundational Study 2021, covering 9 markets(Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Japan, and South Korea ), supplies the current findings to help brand names uncover what matters to Asians and for that reason where to play to help your organisation browse the sustainable journey. More details on the report and an on-demand version of the webinar can be discovered at https://www.kantar.com/campaigns/apac-foundational-study.
- About the study Kantar’s Asia Sustainability Foundational Study 2021, covering nine markets, provides the current findings to help brand names discover what matters to Asians and for that reason where to play to help your organisation navigates the sustainable journey. More info on the report and an on-demand version of the webinar can be found athttps://www.kantar.com/campaigns/apac-foundational-study About Kantar is the world’s consulting and leading evidence-based insights business. We have a total, special and rounded understanding of how individuals think, act and feel; globally and in your area in over 90 markets. By combining the deep competence of our people, our data resources and benchmarks, our innovative analytics and innovation, we help our customers comprehend people and inspire growth.